[Lcdproc] glcdlib and keypad?

Markus Dolze bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Feb 17 17:47:00 UTC 2012

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 08:57:03 +0100
> Von: Matthias <der-waldschrat at gmx.de>
> An: lcdproc at lists.omnipotent.net
> Betreff: [Lcdproc] glcdlib and keypad?

> Hi!
>
> The FAQ says that LCDproc 0.5.0 and above has keypad support. I didn't
> find
> the wiring for using keypad with the glcdlib driver. Maybe I want LIRC
> too.
> How to connect the keys (5 keys will be enough) and potentially the IR
> receiver?
>
> TIA
> Matthias

Hi,

LCDproc does support keypad 'in general', but it requires that a driver provides input at all. The glcdlib driver does not provide input, neither does glcdlib itself.

If your computer still does have a parallel port you could load the hd44780 driver as a second driver and use its input wiring to connect keys. You won't need to connect a display for this.

Otherwise you need an 'input only' driver. There are currently two such driver provided:
- 'irmanin' : For the IrMan IR remote control.
- 'joy' : For something connected to a joystick port (or anything that provides a joystick device).

Those drivers are fairly simple and it would be a nice idea to have a input only driver that can be used with various displays.

BTW: What display are you using with the glcdlib driver?

Regards,
Markus