[Lcdproc] imonlcd 0x0 command turning off progress bar

Eric Pooch epooch at cox.net
Sat Oct 15 16:59:52 UTC 2011

Yura,
I have mixed feelings about your solution.  Under the LCDproc
protocol, 0x0 should clear everything.  -1 should enable everything.
The imonlcd driver is a little unusual because an output command does
not include the entire state of the display - the bars and icons are
set separately.  My solution would be to just properly cache the the
bar state during a 0x0 or -1 output command. Otherwise 0x0 and -1
would not work as intended in the protocol.
The problem is that there is currently no way to clear all of the
icons without clearing the bars.

How often is your program doing a complete clear of the icons/
display?  I will fix the caching problem, but it might also be worth
considering not clearing the entire display on your end.  Maybe keep
one icon on to indicate your program is running. That way you will
only have to send one command for the icons rather than one for icons
and then another to re-establish the bars.

Karsten, you also use these functions, do you have any thoughts?

--Eric