[Lcdproc] Notes on the homepage

William Ferrell willfe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 13:13:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Markus Dolze <bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de> wrote:

> The history and home sections have been reworked recently and all stuff
> before 0.4.3 was moved to the history page. I will keep it because it
> gave me some insight on the one decade of LCDproc development done
> before I stepped in. And it may be of use for others as well.
>
> The history page contains really old stuff, indeed.

Would there be any interest at all in moving the site to a CMS of some kind
instead of flat HTML/PHP files? I've got a VPS that's already hosting one
Django app (my dumb little vanity/blog site) and it performs very well; we
could slap together a Django app for news, history, CVS/SVN updates, etc.,
if it would prove useful to folks, and I can easily host it. I was thinking
for things like the History page, it'd be useful to have a blog styled
(first in, last out) handler that would let folks easily create/maintain a
changelog. It might also be overkill :)

If there's interest, I can start working on something like that for hosting
the site. It might be easier than maintaining plain HTML/PHP files. The VPS
currently has 1TB of bandwidth available per month, and is dirt cheap. For
unlimited/unmetered bandwidth, the price would just go to "dirt cheap * 2"
(i.e. still very inexpensive ;)), so that's not much of a concern.

--
William W. Ferrell
Software Engineer
http://willfe.com/ -- willfe at gmail.com