[Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working with hd44780-lcd2usb driver

Markus Dolze bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de
Sat Feb 21 20:16:26 UTC 2009

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 15:41:55 +0100
> Von: "Malte Pöggel" <malte at maltepoeggel.de>
> An: lcdproc at lists.omnipotent.net
> Betreff: [Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working with	hd44780-lcd2usb driver

> Hi,
>
> i am currently developing a front panel LCD which is using a EA-DOGM163.
> This display has a Sitronix ST7036 Controller. Every next line in "3 line"
> mode starts 0x10 higher, if i enable the "extended mode" it would fix it a
> bit, but to 0x20... I have added a new parameter "LINEADDRESS" to change
> the
> default 0x20 value in extended mode:

Hi,

I had a quick look at the controller's datasheet today. I have already seen those DOG modules in german stores. The controller is interesting because of his 3-line mode. In 1-line mode DDRAM is addressed linear (like in lcdproc's ext_mode). In 2-line mode the address of the second line starting at 0x40 (like in lcdproc's hd44780 standard mode).

Did you had a look at the character table? I have not checked if it matches an existing one, but as it supports umlauts as well as japanese characters.

Regards,
Markus