bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Dec 23 14:50:36 UTC 2009
Marco Glatz wrote:
> i have here an Epson 40x4 EA-Y40047AT lcd-display with two SED1300F
> controllers on it.
> - i have only the pinout for the controllers. does anybody has a
> datasheet for this display?
No, the best thing I could bring up is
http://www.dougrice.plus.com/hp/LCD1300/index.html. He has an example of
how to connect a smiliar display to an microprocessor and a scanned
datasheet for the EA X-series of displays which are said to use the same
> - can i use this display with lcdproc? i only found SED1330 and
> SED1520 drivers.
The SED1330/1520 are used for graphical displays, something different.
> - can someone help me with wiring a 40x4 display on the parallel port?
I am not sure if it will work. Besides the 8 data pins, several control
pins are used. This is what I read from the EA X-series datasheet:
* It uses two active low pins for write (-WR) and read (-RD)
operations. -RD should be connected to +5V.
* -CS (active low) selects the display, much like the 'E' line on
HD44780, but this one is active low as well.
* You may get away with connecting -CS to GND and use -WR as 'E' for
our hd44780 driver. If this does not work, you will have to
connect -WR to GND and use -CS _and an inverter_ as 'E'.
* A0 pin distincts between instructions and data operations like the
'RS' line on a HD44780.
* RESET can be left open, as it is said to have an internal pull-up.
* ENB will be difficult. According to the datasheet it supplies an
external clock signal of 500KHz to 2MHz. This is nothing that can
be created with LCDproc.
* The instruction set is similar to HD44780, but there is no
information on the memory adressing and initialization rountine
available. It may work with the hd44780 driver, or not.
More information about the LCDproc