[Lcdproc] LCDproc on MacOS?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks@gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:21:02 2007

Hi, folks,

I am about to get a work-provided Macbook rather than a Linux laptop
to drag around, and I'm wondering how many folks do LCDproc work under
MacOS.  I really don't care about the /proc aspect of LCDproc - in
fact, for the clients I write and use, I don't tend to reference /proc
at all - I'm more concerned about the simple mechanics of compiling
LCDproc and attaching serial-interface displays via USB-serial
interfaces, and USB libraries for displays like lcd2usb-attached
modules.

Does anyone on the list run LCDd on a Mac?  Any known issues?  In case
it matters, I'll be working on a fresh-off-the-shelf dual-core Intel
Macbook, not an older PPC-based PowerBook, running whatever the
current release happens to be (10.4? 10.5?)

Thanks,

-ethan