[lcdproc] Configuration File Syntax (proposed)

David Douthitt n9ubh@callsign.net
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:23:40 -0400

wwf@splatwerks.org wrote:

> --- ssrat@mailbag.com wrote ---
> > I would propose something like this:
>
> [samba-like config file layout]
>
> Yeah. This one's been beaten to death, I think. We all pretty much agreed
> on the Samba-like config layout. I've been (slowly) trying to figure out
> just how the hell to do it. :)

I thought we could do it like this... Here's an example layout, with
comments telling what is going to happen...

# Start...

Port=3777

# <...read port and set variable
#  immediately; this is global...>

[MatrixOrbital]

# <..."activate" a specific driver, and
#  use this name to match up against the
#  loaded drivers...>

Device=/dev/ttyS0

# <...save this into argv[1]...>

LCD_Type=LK202-25

# <...save into argv[2]...>

[Hitachi]

# <...first, call MtxOrb_init() with the
#  parameters as read from the file;
#  then "activate" the Hitachi driver and
#  continue...>

<EOF>

# Same as above; call Hitachi_init() (or
# whatever) with arguments in char **argv
# and then continue with normal processing...