[lcdproc] Sidenote for syntax/semantic/optimization

Andre Breiler andreb@rd.bbc.co.uk
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:20:29 +0100 (BST)

it looks to me that we are far away from a implementation at the moment.

So I would like to make a few things clear in the hope to simplify the
feature discussions for 0.5.

We should talk about semantic/features in the first place.

All examples with any syntax in are only examples for demonstration
because it looks to me that we have not finished the feature/semantic
stage. So we can't do any syntax (if we do it we have to change it to
often and this would mess up the feature discussions).

So I would happy to keep discussion about syntax things out at the

The same applies to any optimization things (like hashes vs. lists, how to
gen an ID).

Bye Andre'
Andre' Breiler                       |   Tel: +44 1737 839532
BBC Internet Services                | Email: andre.breiler@rd.bbc.co.uk
Kingswood Warren,Tadworth,Surrey,UK  |   URL: http://support.bbc.co.uk/
Mail me.  Don't phone if possible. And use a Subject line.