[lcdproc] Sidenote for syntax/semantic/optimization

Andre Breiler andreb@rd.bbc.co.uk
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:20:29 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

it looks to me that we are far away from a implementation at the moment.

So I would like to make a few things clear in the hope to simplify the
feature discussions for 0.5.

We should talk about semantic/features in the first place.

All examples with any syntax in are only examples for demonstration
because it looks to me that we have not finished the feature/semantic
stage. So we can't do any syntax (if we do it we have to change it to
often and this would mess up the feature discussions).

So I would happy to keep discussion about syntax things out at the
moment.

The same applies to any optimization things (like hashes vs. lists, how to
gen an ID).

Bye Andre'
--
Andre' Breiler                       |   Tel: +44 1737 839532
BBC Internet Services                | Email: andre.breiler@rd.bbc.co.uk