[lcdproc] Hashes to Hashes and config file to config file.

Andre Breiler andreb@rd.bbc.co.uk
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:17:42 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, James McCracken wrote:

> >So I would use a hash for the widget/screen/client id's but not for the
> >config (an sorted array/list is the maximum effort I would do).
>
> But... the id's are already in numerical form... how would you hash them?

Are you sure it's not a string (sorry I havn't seen a decision about this
yet). If the id is a numeric representation how big are the holes and how
large is the area (the simplest hash function is modulo) ?

But I agree with another person, the dicussion about
hash,list,(bi,b,slpay...)-tree is useless at this state because it's only
optimization.
We should use a api where we can replace a list with an hash or anything
else.

Bye Andre'
--
Andre' Breiler                       |   Tel: +44 1737 839532
BBC Internet Services                | Email: andre.breiler@rd.bbc.co.uk