[lcdproc] lcdproc package layout

William W. Ferrell wwf@frontierdev.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:24:16 -0700

--7AwgMNpd3VkAVXjS

--- madmatt@bits.bris.ac.uk's mailer spewed these beefy chunks ---
> Andre Breiler mentioned the following:
>=20
> | pre10 uses gnu auto tools and I think we should use these also for 0.5
>=20
> Yup, autotools works for me!
>=20
> | > I am probably going to have to do some #ifdefs to get the code to work
> | > on FreeBSD.   No big deal, but I have seen a lot of packages that were
> | > setup with portability in mind.  Thus, making my life / job easier and
> | > lcdproc running sooner on my machine.
> |=20
> | I think with the use of the auto tools portability is easy to manage.
>=20
> It won't automatically solve our portability issues. What it *will* do is
> help us to identify/check for them, and allow us to circumvent them with
> an alternative function(s), or arguments. We still have to do *some*
> work. :)

Yup. This gives us a chance, though, to do all this work as cleanly as
possible since we're basically starting over :)

--
William W. Ferrell, Senior System Administrator, Global Crossing Ltd.
950 17th St Ste 2200, Denver, CO 80202   1.303.223.0564

Public key available:
  gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --recv-key 7478FC7A

Is this the line for the latest whimsical YUGOSLAVIAN drama which also
makes you want to CRY and reconsider the VIETNAM WAR?

--7AwgMNpd3VkAVXjS

--7AwgMNpd3VkAVXjS