[lcdproc] Re: Problems? with LCDproc and HD44780 16x4 Display

William W. Ferrell wwf@frontierdev.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:51:28 -0700

--BI5RvnYi6R4T2M87

--- stephan@ekhoff.de's mailer spewed these beefy chunks ---
> Hello,=20
>=20
> first of all: Great Work that you did !!!
>=20
> i have some problems with a HD44780 Display connected via parallelport
> to my AMDK6/500 running SUSE Linux 7.0.
>=20
> The LCDServer is very slow. The Heartbeatsymbol beats about every 5
> seconds only, so that i cant use it with the IRmp3-Player.=20
>=20
> Im running your actuall pre9 Version with an 16x4 Display. The LCDproc
> Server Message appears slowly too.=20
>=20
> Are there any solutions to speed up the LCD?

I'll forward this to the list to see if they've any suggestions. I can't
keep the HD44780 stuff straight in my head long enough to properly
answer this one :)

--
William W. Ferrell, Senior System Administrator, Global Crossing Ltd.
950 17th St Ste 2200, Denver, CO 80202   1.303.223.0564

Public key available:
  gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --recv-key 7478FC7A

If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average.

--BI5RvnYi6R4T2M87

--BI5RvnYi6R4T2M87