[lcdproc] display connecting

William W. Ferrell wwf@frontierdev.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:11:42 -0700

--32u276st3Jlj2kUU

--- joris@robijn.net's mailer spewed these beefy chunks ---
> >=20
> > Once the driver API is stable, you can write any number of Input
>=20
> You're missing my point here, I'm suggesting to use the net-interface=20
> to connect, not the default API. That's also the reason that I'm=20
> speaking about 'very dynamically'. Loading .so files that use the API=20
> is not that flexible, it requires a 'kick' (kill -HUP x) to LCDd to=20
> reread its config or something similar.
> But again, I don't know if we should use this idea in v.05 already.

It's a pretty good idea, and fits in nicely. It introduces a new screen
type though: a "shadow" or "clone" (or whatever funky name someone else
can come up with).

Maybe it would work like this:

< INFO: Authentication successful. Server is ready.
> LIST SCREENS
< INFO: 1 screen(s)
> NEW CLONE "lcdgif" SCREEN 1
< INFO: Clone "lcdgif" created, screen definition follows.
< INFO: SCREEN 1 DRIVER=3DCFONTZ CUSTOM_CHARS=3D8 CUSTOM_X=3D5 CUSTOM_Y=3D8=
 FPS=3D8

Now how we send the framebuffer is up in the air. Since it's a text
protocol, mebbe we encode it in base64 or something? [ducks]

--
William W. Ferrell, Senior System Administrator, Global Crossing Ltd.
950 17th St Ste 2200, Denver, CO 80202   1.303.223.0564

Public key available:
  gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --recv-key 7478FC7A

=2E.you could spend *all day* customizing the title bar.  Believe me.  I
speak from experience."
(By Matt Welsh)

--32u276st3Jlj2kUU

--32u276st3Jlj2kUU