[lcdproc] Trouble using FreeBSD and HD44780 drivers

Wade Hampton whampton@staffnet.com
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 07:46:15 -0400

Philip Pokorny wrote:

> Guillaume Filion wrote:
> > >
> > >I'm trying to collect patches to make 0.4.1a...  Can you send me your
> > >'cvs diff -u' and I'll add it to a "jumbo" patch for 0.4.1?
> >
> > Here it is!
>
> Thanks!
>
> I was looking at the man page for ioperm, and it recommends against
> <sys/perm.h> in favor of <sys/io.h>.  Also, I was wondering if perhaps
> it would better to create a "port_access" function to go with the
> port_in and port_out in port.h that would encapsulate the OS differences
> on getting access to a port.  Then each hd44780 driver could call
> port_access for the ports it will be using and port_in/port_out to
> access those ports.
This sounds like a good idea.  I strongly encourage such
encapsulation and clean separation of code.

Cheers,
--
W. Wade, Hampton  <whampton@staffnet.com>
If Microsoft Built Cars:  Every time they repainted the