[lcdproc] Command line parsing information:

Patrick C. F. Ernzer pcfe@pcfe.de
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:13:58 +0200

Hello,

--On Wednesday, 9 August 2000 14:51 -0600 "William W. Ferrell"
<wwf@frontierdev.com> wrote:

> * Mindaugas Idzelis (mai3116@ritvax.isc.rit.edu)'s mailer blew these
> chunks:
> > http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/gengetopt.html
>
> This looks cool. My only concern is that I'd like to keep LCDproc's
> external dependencies to a minimum. If we used this as-is, you'd have to
> install gengetopt before trying to compile or run LCDproc.

IMHO that is a good point in favour of distributing lcdproc in package
format. If all options go to option files as seems planned this should pose
no problem.

Is there any UNIX distribution not supporting some kind of package format?

Creating package files would enable any user with the necessary access
permissions to install.

RU

PCFE
 Patrick C. F. Ernzer              | e-mail:   pcfe@pcfe.de
--go-and-make-your-own-disclaimer--+--------------------------------
There's too much blood in my caffeine system.