[lcdproc] HD44780 and pre9

Michel J. Vos irridium@wxs.nl
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:09:28 +0000

Hi,
You did miss something. You have to replace hd44780.c from the pre9
distro with the one available at Andrews homepage:
http://members.xoom.com/andrewmuck/MP3.htm
Just follow the links to the LCD section, and there you'll find a new
hd44780.c file.
The code is meant for HD44780 modules connected in their 4bit mode.

Andreas Graef wrote:

> "Michel J. Vos" <irridium@wxs.nl> writes:
>
> > I just want to let all of you know that Andrew's new hd44780.c works
> > fine with pre9. In fact,  my HD4470 is now just as fast as my MO
> Was this for a 4bit or 8bit connection?
> Is there any point to download that thing? Or did I miss something?
> The hd44780 that came with the pre9 is the same to the pre8 :-\
>
>         MfG.
>                 Andreas Gräf
> --

Michel J. Vos
E-mail: irridium@wxs.nl / M.J.Vos@bioledu.rug.nl
System powered by: Redhat (GNU) Linux 6.0
Kernel version: 2.2.5-15  CPU: AMD-K6-2
Tel: 06-20889882