[lcdproc] I'll get it right eventually

Scott Scriven Scott Scriven <toykeeper@cheerful.com>
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:11:59 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, McMeikan, Andrew wrote:

> one thing I have notice is that the 'T' screen of lcdproc seems to crash on
> a 16x4 display and the main.c code does not seem to support 1 line displays.
> Any reasons for this?  1 line can still be handy.

I'll check out the "T" screen.  It's probably just a bug in the
rendering code, which is, well, buggy.

As for the 1-line displays, there shouldn't be any problem
supporting them in the server, except that menus would be
difficult to display.

To truly support multiple display sizes, we'll need a geometry
management system similar to the one in tcl/tk.  It should be
possible to, say, attach a string to the right edge of the
screen, and use a bargraph which takes up 40% of the screen
width.  (without having to worry about the actual screen size...)

( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) |     Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ)    |
 \  / \  /  //  //  |       mailto:toykeeper@cheerful.com      |
 /  \ / /  //_ //_  |     irc:serdevian.dyn.omnipotent.net     |
(_/\_(_/  (___(___) |  http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/  |