[lcdproc] LCDproc, my HD44780 setup, and CPU utilization (LON G)

Andreas Graef Andreas.Graef@gmx.de
09 Nov 1999 13:10:24 +0100

"McMeikan, Andrew" <andrew.mcmeikan@mitswa.com.au> writes:

> This is still fast.  I think the main apparent slowdown is that the who=
le
> display is updated instead of just the parts that change (see previous
No, it is slow. If the whole Display or not - an update should last not
more than 1/8 sec. But it needs > 1 sec here .....

> As I intend to be playing music in the background I will just be doing =
fewer
> updates, a screen replace per second instead of eight is perfectly
> acceptable to me.
I=B4m dreaming of eight p.sec. :-)

        MfG.
                Andreas Gr=E4f